SERVICE TO THE SCHOOL (GSLIS – The Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Simmons College)
- Spring 2012 – present As member of the Technology core implementation group, contributed to the process of coming up with a menu of technology options for students
- Fall 2011, Spring 2012 Member of Faculty Search Committee for Information Design and Technology position (conducted 8-hours of interviews during ASIS&T 2011 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, Oct 9-13, 2011; identified potential candidates during iConference 2012, Toronto, Canada, Feb 7-10, 2012; reviewed resumes, conducted skype interviews and reference checks)
- Sep 2011 – May 2012 Contributed 4 paintings to the Tech Lab Art Exhibition 2011-2012 organized by the GSLIS Tech Lab and Panopticon paintings on Tech Lab website
- June 2011 Reader for Ph.D. qualifying examination (1 paper)
- Nov 2010 – present Member of the faculty group teaching ‘LIS 488 Technology for Information Professionals’ that worked towards a common template for all sections of the course; revised course description approved by faculty in May 2011; proposed an Opt-out form for evidence gathering when students choose to replace LIS 488 with any other Technology class (Fall 2011)
- Oct 2010 – Summer 2011 Member of the Faculty Policy Manual Implementation Guidelines Working Group (revised version approved by faculty in June 2011)
- Oct 2010 Helped interview two job candidates at the ASIS&T 2010 conference.
- Sep 2010 – Spring 2012 Member, revised Curriculum committee (Member, committee on Curriculum meeting reconfiguration from Mar-Sep 2010).
- Feb 2010 Member, committee on area of excellence ‘Users and Information Design’
- Feb-Oct 2010 Member, Planning Committee – International Open Access Week at Simmons College, Oct 18-24, 2010; participated in lunchtime talk panel
- Helped organize “Opening Access to Health Information for Patients and Providers”, a 2-hour Panel Discussion at Simmons College on Oct 19, 2010 as part of the International Open Access Week. invitation PDF
- Oct 2009 – Sep 2010 Member, Student Outcomes and Assessment of Learning Committee; group proposed 3 learning outcomes (adopted Dec 2009) and grid (discussed core courses LIS403 and LIS488 in Fall 2010/Spring 2011)
- Spring 2010 – present Helping GSLIS Admissions with interviewing prospective students
- Fall 2009 – present Advising students and helping them register on Advising Day
- How to be different similar? GSLIS Talks: Ideas Worth Spreading, TED-style talk, LISSA end-of-semester party, Simmons College, Boston, MA, April 27, 2012 vodcast
- Verifying survey items for Construct Validity: A two-stage Sorting Procedure for Questionnaire Design in Information Behavior Research. Research Colloquia Lunchtime Lecture, Simmons College GSLIS, Oct 6, 2011 podcast
- My 7 commandments in life: Towards a Theoretical Model of Happiness, GSLIS Lunchtime Lectures,Research Colloquium, Simmons College, March 15, 2011 podcast
- Delineating the boundary of ‘Context’ in Information Behavior: Towards a Contextual Identity Framework, GSLIS Lunchtime Lectures, Research Colloquium, Simmons College, Oct 15, 2009
- Part of GSLIS faculty panel that discussed ways to help students succeed in poster presentations in conferences, Simmons College GSLIS, April 15, 2011.
- Issues in Open Access, GSLIS Lunchtime Colloquium: A Panel Discussion with Nancy Pontika and Elaine Martin (moderated by Robin Peek), Simmons College, Oct 18, 2010 invitation email | podcast
- Information Visualization and Visual Information Management, GSLIS Lunchtime Colloquium: A Panel Discussion with Martha Mahard and Gerry Benoit, Simmons College, Feb 23, 2010 invitation email | podcast