SERVICE TO THE COLLEGE (SIMMONS)
- June 2012 Helped with the User Acceptance Testing of the new Simmons Connection portal
- Sep 2010 – Fall 2011 Member, Academic Technology Committee (ATC); the committee met monthly
- June 2011 Served on a sub-committee of ATC that evaluated Moodlerooms versus eLearning as learning management systems for the College
- Jul 2009 – present Member, Health Informatics Task Force; Weekly meetings (Wednesdays 7:45am) from 2009-2010 culminated in a May 2010 report and subsequent, ongoing revisions; faculty across 4 schools (GSLIS, SOM, SNHS and CAS) approved the curriculum for an M.S. with a concentration in Health Informatics (core and 4 tracks) in Mar-Apr 2011. After an outside evaluation, a Health Informatics Certificate Program in the School of Nursing and with courses from different schools was approved in June 2012
Presentations / Events
- June 2012 Seven Commandments: Towards a Theoretical Model of Happiness. Simmons for a day, Simmons College Reunion Weekend 2012, alumni event, June 2 reunion brochure
- Featured in Simmons blog access online
- Featured in Summer 2011 issue of the Simmons magazine (p. 37) open access online
- May 2012 Served as faculty host to Honorary Degree recipient Vanessa Kirsch during the Commencement Recognition Ceremony on May 17 and the Commencement Ceremony on May 18.
- Apr 2012 Lent support to the April 4th Hoodie Day event organized by Simmons Faculty Senate to honor Trayvon Martin and to draw attention to the continuing problems of race in the U.S. Spoke on how we can use identity to connect rather than to divide by expanding our circle of shared identity to include the other.