My journey into Fine Arts
[youtube zJWO0QKZvN0 600]
|I began drawing and painting when I was 6 years old. My sister taught me how to draw the lotus flower until I perfected it (see a lotus flower on the right hand side of the pencil sketch of Goddess Saraswati below). I then used to practise copying pictures of Hindu deities – often with multiple arms and difficult to draw. These are some of my early works done during school days:|
I don’t have a formal training in Art. In senior school, a new teacher to school, Mr Sanjay Purohit showed me that I could paint much better with more patience on each work.
Exhibitions / Awards
- Exhibited 4 paintings at the Tech Lab Art Exhibition 2011-2012 organized by the Simmons College GSLIS Tech Lab and Simmons Panopticon (Sep 2011 – May 2012)
- Featured in the Traveling Palette, Mediacorp TV12 (painting/shoot in Manila, Philippines, Oct 5-7, 2007).
- Exhibited 5 paintings at the NUS Arts Festival Open Art Show organized by the NUS Centre for the Arts (CFA), March 13-18, 2007, University Cultural Centre, NUS
- Solo Exhibition (13 paintings), Expressions in Watercolor & Oil, Feb 20 – Mar 17, 2006, ArtsBuzz, NUS Central Library
- 1st Prize twice, Perceptions & Expressions, NTU (1998,1999)
- Prizes during annual sports day (mini olympics) poster competitions in school
2nd prize for Seniors
1st prize for Seniors