grants / awards
GRANT PROPOSALS FUNDED
- Feb 2012 Awarded $600 from the Emily Hollowell Research Fund for the study, “User behavior differences comparing text- and image-driven retrieval systems”. The study is in collaboration with G. Benoit.
- Presenter and Discussant in a research grant application by Elaine Toms to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for the workshop ‘SCORE: Serendipity, Chance and Opportunity in Information Discovery Research’. The grant was accepted in Feb 2011 and later transferred from Dalhousie University, Halifax to McGill University, Montreal where the workshop was held from April 28-May 1, 2012.
- Mar 2010 Awarded $9,000 from the President’s Fund for Faculty Excellence, Simmons College for the project, “A Context-based Investigation into the Information Seeking Behavior and Source Use by Medical Residents” (began Jul 1, 2010) [17 faculty competed and 7 were funded; received a gift of appreciation from President Helen Drinan during the Convocation Ceremony on Sep 1, 2010] Provost’s speech mentioning President’s Fund awards
- Grant proposals funded in association with A/Prof Danny C.C. Poo, NUS
- Concept Extraction & Presentation (CEPres) R-253-000-049-112 (S$32,000)
- Autonomous Agents in Inhabited Virtual Reality Worlds to Promote Effective Learning & Social Interaction R-252-000-139-112
TRAVEL GRANTS FUNDED
- April-May 2012 Funded (travel, stay, food and ground transportation) by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and McGill University to travel to Montreal, Canada for the workshop ‘SCORE: Serendipity, Chance and Opportunity in Information Discovery Research’, Apr 28 – May 1, 2012.
- Feb 2012 Awarded $750 from the Faculty Development Fund, Simmons College for travel to iConference 2012, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Feb 7-10, 2012.
- Sep 2011 Awarded $750 from the Faculty Development Fund, Simmons College for travel to ASIS&T AM 2011, New Orleans, LA, Oct 8-12, 2011.
- Feb 2011 Awarded $650 from the Faculty Development Fund, Simmons College for travel to iConference 2011, Seattle, WA, Feb 8-11, 2011.
- Oct 2010 Funded (travel, stay, food and ground transportation) by Mizzou Advantage, University of Missouri to travel to Columbia, MO for the International Workshop on Opportunistic Discovery of Information (IWODI), Oct 21-22, 2010.
- 2009 Awarded $600 from the Faculty Development Fund, Simmons College for travel to ASIS&T 2009, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, Nov 6-11, 2009
- Jun 2009 Awarded S$1,318 from the International Relations Office (IRO), NUS for travel to the 10thAPRU DSC 2009, Kyoto, Japan, Jul 6-10, 2009 (grant not availed)
- 2009 Funded from the research grant of A/Prof Danny Poo, NUS for travels to:
- ALISE Annual Conference 2009, Denver, CO, Jan 20-23, 2009
- 39th Annual Meeting of DSI, Baltimore, MD, Nov 22-25, 2008
- ASIS&T 2008 Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, Oct 24-29, 2008
- 2008 Funded from the research grant of Dr. Yunjie (Calvin) Xu, NUS for travel to the ICIS 2008, Paris, France, Dec 14-17, 2008
- 2008 Funded by IRO, NUS for travel to the 9th APRU DSC 2008, Vladivostok, Russia, Jul 14-18, 2008
- May 2008 Awarded S$2,200 by the School of Computing (SoC), NUS for travel to Doctoral Consortium, PACIS 2008, Suzhou, China, Jul 3-7, 2008
- Sep 2007 Awarded S$2,200 by SoC, NUS for travel to ICIS 2007, Montreal, Canada, Dec 9-12, 2007
- 2007 Awarded $1,411 by IRO, NUS for travel to the 8th APRU DSC, 2007, Tokyo, Japan, Jul 30-Aug 3, 2007
- Feb 2007 Awarded S$2,000 by SoC, NUS for travel to HCII 2007, Beijing, China, Jul 22-27, 2007
- May 2007 Awarded S$1,500 by SoC, NUS for travel to PACIS 2007, Auckland, New Zealand, Jul 3-6, 2007
- 2006 Funded from the research grant of A/Prof Danny Poo, NUS for travel to IEEE EDOCW 2006, Hong Kong, Oct 16-20, 2006