Please join ASIS&T and UXPA Simmons student chapters for a joint Meet & Greet event on Friday, January 28th, 2022 at 12pm ET.
Join us on 01/28/2022 at noon ET to meet others passionate about research, technology, and user experience design.
The spring semester is an ideal time to discover the SLIS student chapters of the Association for Information Science and Technology and the User Experience Professionals Association.
The joint meeting offers students a perfect place to learn about both groups and hear how you can be involved this semester and beyond. Whether you’re just starting out at Simmons or wrapping up your time in SLIS, please take the time to engage with your virtual campus community!
For more information about Simmons ASIS&T and UXPA@Simmons:
It’s time for Student Leadership Nominations! Drop by the User Experience Professional Association at Simmons (UXPA@Simmons) open meeting on Wednesday, March 31st anytime between 6:00-7:00pm (EDT). Bring your questions about leadership roles for fall 2021 or user experience in general. We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!
These are the opportunities we have for student leadership:
- 2 Co-Chairs: As co-chair, you will ensure communication among the officers and leadership group, recruit members, coordinate elections, and represent the Chapter to the College. Tasks include scheduling and promoting events, reserving rooms or equipment, working with outside speakers, scheduling elections, and performing outreach.
- Communications Officer: As communication officer, you will be responsible for the Chapter’s print media presence and social media presence to promote events.
- Treasurer: As treasurer, you will manage the Chapter’s finances. Tasks include tracking expenditures, handling reimbursements, and paying speakers and vendors.
- Webmaster: As webmaster, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Chapter’s website.
- Secretary: As secretary, you will serve as archivist for the Chapter. Tasks include disseminating information received from other sources, passing in documentation at the end of each semester, taking notes at meetings, and keeping a record of attendance at Chapter events.
Join UXPA@Simmons for our virtual Spring Meet & Greet on Thursday, February 25 at 7 PM! Bring your questions about usability and user experience in information services. We’ll also be discussing the exciting events we have planned, upcoming networking opportunities, and how you can get involved. Register here to get the Zoom link for this event.
UXPA Spring Meet and Greet