Students will write newspaper articles about things or events that are important to their own lives that they would be willing to put in a scrapbook of their own.
- Engage students in community
- Exercise journalistic skills
- Louise's scrapbook
One class and whatever at-home time needed
- Introduce students to Louise's scrapbook.
- Pay particular attention to the various newspaper articles documenting different aspects of Louise's life and interests.
- Have students choose an event in their life, whether related to school or sports teams, events in the community, etc; An event or thing that is important to their lives that they would put in a scrapbook of their own lives.
- Once articles are written, students will share the events and things they chose to write about and compile them into a single class newspaper.