This post is from Thana, an Iraqi colleague who has shared in several training programs run by Simmons. She is currently in Chennai (formerly called Madras), India on a six-week training program. She writes:

It is so nice that we are free three days, Saturday & Sunday we are having holiday, and it?s a long weekend Monday because we celebrating Diwali over here. It?s a Hindu celebration.

On the first free day we used it for shopping, and India is amazing place for shopping. As everyone in previous Simmons training programs who knows can tell, I am good in bargaining.

On Sunday we went to visit an ancient place (temple) 60 KM far from Chennai – it is named Mamllapuram. The way to this place was wonderful and green green green. You can not find 1 meter without trees and also from time to time we were able see the Ocean.

The temple is carved on so many big rocks, and all the places around rocks covered with natural plants and flowers and so many butterflies in all colors you can only imagine. So, I added to my collection more butterflies (farashah in Arabic).

After lunch we went back to Chennai,. It was so nice day for me and also for my friends.

When we reached Chennai we saw it was busy and more crowded than before as people start to be ready for Diwali day – shopping and fireworks are everywhere.

Monday morning after breakfast, all the training group was in net center trying to prepare articles for our project work. Then, we went to Marina beach, a nice place full of people today celebrating Diwali day. The women wear very nice saris and tied flowers in their hair.

You can see all colors in India, and children are happy buying things from many carriages that sell many things.

We left after sunset and the fireworks started again?.

Our dinner was in the Marina Mall on the top floor with the restaurant on the roof, a nice design, overlooking a tower over the beach & main street in Chennai. The site was exciting while we can see from all directions fireworks.

As I said, INDIA is a colorful world, full of life, and full of sad and poor people who live there?we hope all good for them.

Till next post?thanks for reading my blog, Thana